Acceptable Use Policy
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What’s in these terms?
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you interact with our site in any other way.
Who we are and how to contact us
http://www.harrowdenturf.co.uk/ (“the Site”) is a website operated by Harrowden Turf Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09297147 and have our registered office at Colpmans Farm, Islip, Kettering, Northamptonshire NN14 3LT.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please use the “Contact Us” form on the website, email to [email protected] or telephone us on 01832 777100.
By using our site you accept these terms
By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our Terms of Website Use also apply to your use of our site.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 10th March 2022.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, this Site or the interests of any Users of this Site.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms of Website Use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying any area of the Site or which, in our judgment, exposes us to any liability or detriment of any type.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site (interactive services).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which is included in the Site and any and all material that you may contribute to our site (Contribution) e.g. via a survey or, and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
All of the content on the Site (our “Content”) is owned by us and all copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights in that content shall at all times remain vested in us or our licensors. Our Content is protected by UK and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Our Content includes any information or other material found on or via the Site, including without limitation, text, databases, graphics, videos, software and all other features found on or via the Site.
The trademarks appearing on the Site are owned by us or our licensors, including Harrowden Farms, Harrowden Turf, Turfonline, Spearheadturf, Turfland, Enviromat, Meadowmat, Q Lawns, Soil Online and Stewarts Turf. No permission is given in respect of the use of any of these marks or brands and any such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
Users of the Site are not under any circumstances permitted to:
- Make commercial use of our Content or any other user’s content;
- Breach or circumvent any laws, third-party rights or our policies; or
- Copy, adapt, vary, distribute, edit, modify, translate, transpose or permanently store, in part or whole, any of our Content.
This means that users of this site are not permitted to:
- print any page of the Site or otherwise produce hard copies of the text, images or other Content we make available, except for a copy of any of our policies contained on the Site;
- reproduce or incorporate the Content from the Site in another electronic document e.g. by saving any page of our Content using your web browser, by using the functionality provided by the software on your access device to “copy and paste” or “screen grab” any Content from the Site and place in an electronic document or by converting any of the Content into another file format e.g. .pdf or picture file;
- photograph or record as or convert into video or audio, all of any part of the Content;
- use our Content to compile a database of, or recreate the whole or substantial part of the content by making repeated and systematic copies of insubstantial parts of any of our Content;
- alter, modify or circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, any copy protection and/or digital rights management measures within the Site or its Content;
- alter or remove any watermarks and/or acknowledgments included in the Content on the Site;
- use the Site or its Content for any illegal purpose and, in particular, you will not interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- sublicense, sell or rent access to the Site or its Content ;
- use the Site to knowingly send, receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with this Acceptable Use Policy;
- transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (“Spam”) using the Site; or
- remove, obscure or otherwise tamper with any copyright and proprietary notices that relate to or are contained within the Content.
Harrowden Turf Limited will determine, at its discretion, whether a user’s contribution to the Site breaches our Content Standards. In particular, any information, material or content which you contribute by agreeing to take part in our online feedback survey provided by reviews.co.uk (“Survey”) is generally known as User Generated Content (UGC). The rules below apply to UGC and in participating in the Survey you agree to ensure that:
- Any UGC that you submit will not contain any Personal Information about you or any other person. Personal Information is any information that could potentially identify an individual, such as their surname, date of birth, email address or home address, information about their family members or other contact information;
- All information you submit is accurate (where it states facts), be genuinely held (Where it states opinion) true and up to date in all respects and at all times and is not misleading in any way;
- All information you submit complies with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
and it must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- include child sexual abuse material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person unless you have permission from the copyright owner to use it;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal content or activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- allow any other person or entity to use your log-in details or account for submitting or viewing comments;
- give the impression that the UGC emanates from Harrowden Turf Limited, if this is not the case;
- harvest or otherwise collect or use information about others without their explicit consent;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites; or
- relate any dispute about a decision we make concerning your conduct under this Policy.
We reserve the right (but we are not obliged) to do any or all of the following:
- record the UGCs which are posted;
- investigate a claim that any one or more UGC does not conform to the terms of this Policy; and
- edit or remove any UGC regardless of whether such Contributions breach this Policy.
In submitting UGC to the Site, whether text, pictures or otherwise, you are representing to us and other users of the Site that:
- you either own all rights (including copyright) in that UGC or that you have obtained the necessary permissions to make the UGC available through the Site in accordance with this Policy and permit its use via the Site and by any third parties we authorise and that you will provide us with evidence of such permissions should we require; and
- you will not be infringing anyone’s rights or breaching any law or regulation (including Data Protection and Privacy laws) by contributing UGC and by allowing it to be used in the ways described in this Policy.
You are also agreeing that in submitting any UGC to the Site that you are granting us and any third parties we authorise unlimited, non-terminable and free permission (including the permission to sublicense that permission) to use, reuse, copy, adapt, abridge, amend, distribute, modify, translate, publish, perform, display, develop, reproduce, communicate to the public and to make your UGC otherwise available in any form and/or by any media (whether now known or subsequently devised), including through any on-demand or broadcast service, whether on a commercial or non-commercial basis anywhere in the world.
Breach of this Policy
When we consider that a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- issue a warning to you.
- issue legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- take further legal action against you.
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
You may not continue to use the Site or submit any Contributions to the Site whilst your registration is temporarily suspended or after your registration has been permanently terminated.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
How this contract can be transferred
We can transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under these terms.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Let's get connected
“Stay in touch with Turfonline for the latest ideas, inspirational gardens and lawncare advice”Sign up for regular updates