Sedum Ground Mat Kit
Our Enviromat® Sedum Ground Mat Kits contain everything you need to create a beautiful and delightful ornamental ground cover which flowers from April to the end of October. It’s a truly stunning and very low maintenance alternative to a grass lawn. The foliage of our sedum ground mat kit is evergreen, beautifully textured and full of interest all year round.
Sedum ground mats are great for a sunny spot and are especially useful where the soil is very dry – or even non-existent. This means that you can create a luscious and beautiful area of foliage almost anywhere, bringing that space to life. As the mats are delivered with at least 95% plant coverage, you can rest assured that the finished project will look outstanding. All you need to do is unroll them onto a prepared surface and give them a good watering until established.
We seed our sedum ground mats with up to 18 different types of sedum, meaning that you get a wonderful mix of foliage to enjoy. The mats are then nurtured outdoors in our Norfolk based nursery for 9-12 months or until they are big and strong enough for despatch. Plant species are chosen for their disease resistance, drought tolerance, long flowering period and undeniable good looks, meaning that you will always get the best possible results.
The matting itself is specially made using recycled products, so you can also feel proud that you are helping to keep the environment healthier. It’s strong, easy to handle and designed to keep the growing medium (substrate) within the mat. Our sedum ground mats feature no loss of substrate due to handling, transportation or even heavy rain after installation. For that reason, Sedum is great for sloping banks or for disguising manhole covers (the mat can be easily moved to allow access).
Sedums are drought tolerant and will only need an occasional watering during long spells of dry weather. Other than that, the only maintenance needed is an application of a specialist sedum feed every spring.
- Flowering Time: April – September (depending on local weather conditions)
- Height when fully grown is generally around 15cm but can vary
- Plants are perennial and frost hardy down to around -20 degrees Celsius
- Sedum Ground Mats are mown before despatch to minimise damage to plants. It is likely they will not be in flower when it is delivered
- Can be installed at any time of year.
- Please do not install directly onto soil. Our installation guidelines are designed to restrict weed growth. You can download our installation instructions here.
- A standard roll of Sedum Ground Cover matting covers 1 square metre of prepared soil and weights up to 25Kg. – we recommend having two people to install it.
- The balance of plant species is affected by soil type, management, pollinator populations and local climatic conditions. Expect your Sedum Ground Mats will change appearance from year to year
What’s In Enviromat® Sedum Ground Mat Kit?
- Sedum Ground Mat: Mats are self-contained and consist of a coir carrier backing, growing medium and mature plants.
- Plantex® Weed Control Fabric: Included in our kits is enough Plantex® Weed Control Fabric to cover the area.
Plant species in Sedum Ground Mats
Please note: Species and proportions may vary depending on availability of seed through the seasons. Not all species listed will appear in every piece of Sedum Ground Matting
|Widow’s Cross (Sedum pulchellum)||Purple Carpet (Sedum spurium coccineum)|
|Summer Glory (Sedum spurium)||Spanish Stonecrop (Sedum Hispanicum)|
|Montanum orientale (Sedum montanum)||Oregon Stonecrop (Sedum Oreganum)|
|White Stonecrop (Sedum album)||Orange Stonecrop (Sedum floriferum)|
|Czar’s Gold (Sedum hybridum)||Gold sedum (Sedum kamtchaticum)|
|Stolon Stonecrop (Sedum stoloniferum)||Angelina (Sedum rupestre)|
|Crooked Yellow Stonecrop (Sedum reflexum)||Wormleaf Stonecrop (Sedum stenopetalum)|
|Tasteless Stonecrop (Sedum sexangulare)||Meadow Saxifrage (Saxifraga granulate)|
|Goldmoss Stonecrop (Sedum acre)||Ellacombianum (Sedum ellacombianum)|