SuDS and Slopes Seed Mix
SuDS and Slopes is a wildflower turf that blends of 34 UK-native species and grasses that enjoy a low maintenance care regime. Strongly-rooted grasses aid soil stabilisation whilst flowering plants bring an extra layer of attractiveness.
Ideal for slopes, banks, damp soils and the margins of ponds, streams or ‘Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems’ (SuDS), this mix offers a real boost to biodiversity in wildflower turf areas. Insects, amphibians, small mammals and birds truly appreciate this wonderful source of food and shelter. And because it needs no chemical treatments, artificial fertilisers or frequent cutting it creates wonderful wildlife habitat.
- Perennial plants – no need to over-seed, re-populate or replant (unless you want to).
- High proportion of flowering plants compared with rush or sedge-based stabilisation solutions.
- Flowering Time: May – July (depending on local weather conditions).
- Your SuDS and Slopes will change appearance from year to year. The species mix is influenced by microclimate, weather conditions and the creatures that visit regularly. It’s a truly biodiverse and adaptable product.
The maintenance regime for SuDS and Slopes is uncomplicated and fits easily with Health and Safety practice. Simply mow once a year and remove all of the clippings. All species in SuDS and Slopes are non-toxic. This product lends itself to grazing by sheep, goats, geese or other animals – it’s a wonderful conservation product.
Detailed information on installing and maintaining SuDS and Slopes is available in the “Help & Advice” section of our website.
- Dig over the area and thoroughly rake to remove any debris and create a fine tilth. If your garden soil is rich in nutrients, remove as much of it as you can and replace it with low nutrient topsoil.
- Sow the seeds where you want them to grow. The recommended rate for Meadowmat wildflower seed is 30g/m². Sprinkle the seed as evenly as possible being careful not to sow seeds too thickly – the plants will need plenty of room to grow.
- Newly sown wildflower seed needs light and water to germinate. Do not cover the seed. Water lightly – be careful not to wash them away! Protect from birds. For best results, keep the soil and seeds moist until the plants have germinated and are well established.
- Contains Rehofix bulking granules to ensure even sowing.
- Shake well before use.
Don’t have time to wait for it to grow?
The mix of wildflowers which feature in this seed mix are also available as an “instant” wildflower turf which can bring you all the colour of wildflowers without the wait!
What’s In SuDS and Slopes Wildflower Turf?
Please note, percentages refer to the weight of the seed in the growing mix and do not necessarily reflect the proportions of mature plants
50% Native Grasses
To stabilise soil on slopes and to provide shelter for insects, food for birds and perches for butterflies:
|Sheep’s Fescue||Slender Creeping Red Fescue|
|Crested Dogstail||Small Leaved Timothy|
50% Native Wildflowers
For more information about each flower, or to purchase more of the individual species, click on the links below
|Autumn Hawkbit||Read More||Buy More|
|Betony||Read More||Buy More|
|Birdsfoot Trefoil||Read More||Buy More|
|Bladder Campion||Read More||Buy More|
|Catsear||Read More||Buy More|
|Common Knapweed||Read More||Buy More|
|Common Sorrel||Read More||Buy More|
|Common St Johns Wort||Read More||Buy More|
|Common Toadflax||Read More||Buy More|
|Common Vetch||Read More||Buy More|
|Cowslip||Read More||Buy More|
|Daisy||Read More||Buy More|
|Field Scabious||Read More||Buy More|
|Lady’s Bedstraw||Read More||Buy More|
|Meadow Buttercup||Read More||Buy More|
|Meadow Cranesbill||Read More||Buy More|
|Meadowsweet||Read More||Buy More|
|Musk Mallow||Read More||Buy More|
|Ragged Robin||Read More||Buy More|
|Red Campion||Read More||Buy More|
|Red Clover||Read More||Buy More|
|Ribwort Plantain||Read More||Buy More|
|Rough Hawkbit||Read More||Buy More|
|Salad Burnet||Read More||Buy More|
|Selfheal||Read More||Buy More|
|Tufted Vetch||Read More||Buy More|
|White Campion||Read More||Buy More|
|Wild Carrot||Read More||Buy More|
|Wild Marjoram||Read More||Buy More|
|Yarrow||Read More||Buy More|
|Yellow Rattle||Read More||Buy More|
The actual percentage of each species contained may vary due to environmental factors. Turfonline makes every effort to ensure wildflower products are free from weeds and pests, however due to the natural way in which these products are grown we cannot guarantee they are 100% pest free on delivery. It is unlikely that you will see every species that is listed. The variation of species present has been developed to suit a wide variety of soils and environmental conditions. This will result in a product that will adapt to individual settings which may mean some species are more successful than others. Contains annual and perennial species. If installed after March many species may not flower during the first year.