Delivery completion. Most of our deliveries are delivered by a pallet courier. Some smaller items like seed and fertiliser are delivered by a parcel courier.
Delivery – Bulky Items
Most of our bulky items like Turf, Meadowmat, Enviromat and Topsoil are delivered using 18-tonne rigid trucks. These are ideal for reaching the majority of UK addresses, however, it is possible that your delivery could be made on a larger vehicle.
Delivery – Access Restrictions
If access or other restrictions prevent vehicles above a certain size reaching your address, or there are other offloading or parking restrictions which could affect the delivery please let us know. Special arrangements can be made in the Shipping Method stage of the checkout process. During checkout you will be asked what size vehicle can reach your property, if you are unsure please contact us to discuss.
Delivery – Unloading the truck
- Turf is unloaded using a manual pallet trolley which is lowered to the road by the tail lift on the truck.
- Unfortunately, we do not offer Hiab (truck-mounted crane) deliveries.
- To offload the pallet, the surface must be flat and level.
- Since turf and topsoil can be heavy, and the pallet trolley pulled by the driver has small wheels, pallets cannot be delivered onto soil, grass or gravel – a tarmac or paved surface is required.
- All bulky deliveries are made kerbside.