Cosmos Albatross (Cosmos Bipinnatus Sensationa Albatross)
Key facts about Cosmos Albatross
- Height: up to 150cm
- Flowering Time: July until the first frosts
- Flower colour: Pure White
- Growth habit: Hardy annual. Upright plants with feathery leaves
- Habitat: Native to Mexico loves growing in sunny beds and borders in the UK
- Appears in: Cottage Garden Meadowmat
Beautiful white, almost transparent flowers that look beautiful in a moonlit garden. Feathery leaves, open, daisy like flowers that are very attractive to butterflies.
Likes moist soil and lots of sunshine. Cosmos Albatross is a hardy annual, which means that seeds sown in spring will grow fast and flower in summer time. However, the plants will die in autumn and not re-grow. Fortunately, cosmos is very good at self-seeding. Don’t be surprised to see young plants appearing as if by magic next spring.
Uses for Cosmos Albatross
A bewitching plant that draws the eye like no other. Grow in large swathes for a blast of clean white colour. Alternatively, when grown in combination with other flowering plants it gives a true cottage garden feel. Which is precisely why we’ve included it in the seed mix for Cottage Garden Meadowmat. Plus, we love watching the butterflies flock to it in high summer.
- Attracts butterflies
- Easy to grow
- Dead head regularly to prolong the flowering period
- Flowers all through summer and autumn – until the first frosts
- Very attractive flowers